Tuesday, 22 June 2010

HELP! How can I get rrid of the bees that take over my backyard pond every afternoon?

Bees...everyday. from late morning till nightfall. taking over my pond. i've tried most everything including smudge pots and smoke but nothing works. HELP!HELP! How can I get rrid of the bees that take over my backyard pond every afternoon?
Bring a flyswatter and kill them... be consistent and I bet you will see their numbers diminish!





I go to this camp most summers where they used to have lots of wasps all over... I killed so many of them that they are almost gone now! I hardly saw any this summer.HELP! How can I get rrid of the bees that take over my backyard pond every afternoon?
MikeL know his stuff, but on top of his suggestion, I cut down ever flower I see within a certain radious of my home as I dont like bee-ing stung, get the pun, haha!


they are attracted to flowers and such so cut away.


and I'm sure all the anti-nobees people will come after me, but then have they ever been stung and had to seek emergency treatment out of pocket over it?


there are plenty of flowers in the neighbors yard for the bees to suckle from, I dont think myslf doing such makes too much a differnece!


and good luck!
just use bee spray
it may be the flowers in your garden or a garden close by, if its in someone elses garden, theres not you can do, if its in yours, i'd get rid of it xxx
Most bees this time of year are just wanting a drink. If they're honey bees, leave 'em alone, they'll probably not bother you too much. Hornets and yellow jackets, on the other hand.... I'd hang a trap. They're usually not too expensive and can be pretty successful.
how about a bug zapper or spray
well there is a hive very near by


if - - if Some one in your neighborhood has a hive you must advise him to add water on each box...


You might try to add other water features on your fence or like bird baths .


Bees have very small brains but they know how to use short cuts.


One other POINT


Improperly cared for bees are most likely to become REAL pests... African ization


IF there IS an apriest near and he is neglecting his duty


the animal control will assist you the law is fair and you need protection...
If you wanna spend money call your local bug guy.





Or I Suggest Hanging Bags Of Water It Scares Birds Might Work Or Just Take A Sling Shot Hit The Hive And Run Like Wind!
You may have honey bees drinking but they do not want a confrontation and should be left alone as they are having a difficult time of things these days.. Hornets on the other hand get a little grumpy and peak in numbers this time of year and will sting with little or no provocation. A little sleuthing should reveal there paper or ground nest where you can nuke them without bothering the honey bees. Or you can buy or build a wasp trap. RScott

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection