Tuesday, 22 June 2010

How do I teach my 5 year old about the birds and the bees?

My 5 year old son likes to play outside and recently he's been asking me questions about the birds and the bees. I don't know how to explain such a delicate issue to a young child. I tried to distract him with TV, but he won't stop asking me why birds don't sting him but bees do. I just don't know how to answer him. Can somebody help me? How should I explain it?How do I teach my 5 year old about the birds and the bees?
Tell him that the bees are angry because they don't get laid enough. Then all you need to do is explain what it means to ';get laid'; which is a whole lot easier than explaining the birds and the bees.How do I teach my 5 year old about the birds and the bees?
It seems that you really mean that he questions you on the habits of birds and bees, not the intonation the words conjure up, just tell him that the birds are too quick for him to catch, therefore they don't need to sting because they can fly away, but if you catch a bee it stings you to make you let go of it.
i think that you should tell that because the bees have to collect honey from the flowers that they have to have somekind of protection for themselves. and thats where their stingers come in. if anybody tries to hurt them, they will defent themselves. the birds on the other hand don't have to collect honey so they don't have to have a way to protect themselves. hope it helped!
I'm not sure how to help. My own mother told me about the birds and bees a whole different way and it led to a lot of confusion on my wedding night. I wouldn't want him to have to repeat that mistake. It was quite tramatic, actually, and I still get nervous whenever I hear anyone humming.
uh... i'm confused... i thought you meant that your son was asking you about sex - that's what the term 'the birds %26amp; the bees' means. as for actual birds and bees, i'm sure the library has something about animals or insects he could easily understand.
what? what a min you mean the real birds and the bees cause you said he askes why do bees sting him and the birds don't what r you asking confuessed cause thats not a hard answer one has a stinger one doesnt geesh.
Have you seen Monty Pythons' ';Meaning of life?'; it has a great scene in...I'll see if i can find you the youtube link. this should help.





http://youtube.com/watch?v=mTMlZSKEu-Y





okay, so these kids are a bit older than 5. still, i think the general idea would still work.
huh, I think you are confused about the birds and bees yourself....
Simply explain to the child that birds of the Pitohui and Ifrita genera actually do sting, as their feathers contain batrachotoxin.
Have you tried asking him if he knows that the birds are Gods creatures and the bees are the Devils?


Therefore they angels will not let the birds sting him.
There's this philosophizing rabbit over in R%26amp;S who's bloody clever when he comes out of his shell. Ask him for advice, he often comes up with the best questions.
Explain to him that if birds were to start stinging, it would offend God. Bees can sting and birds are perverts if they sting. It's in Leviticus.
Play Batman Begins on your DVD player, then he wouldn't care about birds and bees anymore.
Well you should warn him that birds may try to peck his eyes out so he has an appropriate phobia when he gets older.
Bees sting you, birds ***** on you - that's just how it is - next.
you should tell him the truth...bees are evil.





although birds can be pretty nasty too.
wtf im confused
well my mommy told me that bees are from the devil and birds are from heaven so there you go.
He is too young to understand that concept
tell him because birds don't have stingers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection