Saturday, 05 December 2009

How do I get rid of the honey bees buzzing around my oak trees?

In early spring and late summer I get honey bees in my 2 oak trees. They stay for a few weeks to a few months depending on weather. There are no visable nests anywhere. I would like to know how to make them leave since I am terrified of bees and my sister is highly allergic and can die from being stung.


The bees seem to hang around the newly forming green looking nut things on the trees. Is there anything I can spray on the tree to make them leave?How do I get rid of the honey bees buzzing around my oak trees?
If you don't want the bees, hornet killer works quite well and fast. It shoots a good distance. Most insects will die on contact. I've taken care of bees, wasps, spiders, just about anything with hornet killer. It's the best.How do I get rid of the honey bees buzzing around my oak trees?
You can smoke them, smoke makes the bees inactive. I wouldn't use hornet spray because it kills them but not fast enough (especially when you are dealing with a lot of bees) and you could get stung. I would look up a bee keeper in your area and call the bee keeper for help. Smoking is an option but also, if there is a queen with the bees, the queen needs to be moved and the colony will follow. So a bee keeper could move the queen for you and perhaps even take the colony away.
you don't. bees will leave you alone if you leave them alone...wasps on the other hand need to be killed...ALL OF THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection