Saturday, 05 December 2009

I have bees nesting in my yard, the nest look like small ant hills,what are they and how do I get rid of them?

I got one and it was about 1/2'; lond, blackish brown and fuzzy.The mounds are about 1 1/2'; to 2'; in dia. and I have about 300 or more. It has happened in about a week, I am afraid for my kids. Any Ideas what they are?I have bees nesting in my yard, the nest look like small ant hills,what are they and how do I get rid of them?
It is hard to tell what kind from your description. Plain ordinary honey bees will nest anywhere they can. All they need is a hole of some kind. Ground nesting bees are not that common, but they do exist in warm climate areas. Are you talking about many little nests or a single nest? Most bees will not be a problem for kids as long as the kids do not bother THEM. Africanized bees are aggressive, but only if provoked. They have a bad reputation, but only because of their response to a threat. I have a nest in the back corner of my backyard. I just leave them alone. I have no kids, at least not living with me, so that is not a problem. My next door neighbor is upset that there is a nest in my backyard. Too bad. The bees have a place in nature, essential to plants for pollination. I am not about to kill off a national asset. If you feel a need to do something, then call a professional. Skip the do it yourself insecticides others have suggested. Your kids, remember? Would you want your kids playing in the backyard where you spread insecticide to kill bees? Call a professional.I have bees nesting in my yard, the nest look like small ant hills,what are they and how do I get rid of them?
Call your state etymologist, they can help you with identifying the type of bee/wasp/ant (some ants fly). And additionally, they can suggest either safe methods of getting rid of them or who to contact for the best removal of the pests.





Given that they're in your ground, you have to be pretty careful. You might live in a watershed for a river or something and you wouldn't want to kill a bunch of fish using some pesticide.
I would use Wilson's Jet Foam Wasp and Hornet Killer. Use it in the evening when it is cool and the bees are all in the nest. First you spray the entrances to plug them, then you insert the long tube through one of your foam plugs and fill the nest up. It worked well for me last year, I had bees in some old railway ties used as borders.
cover up all the holes and hope for the best i guess O_o
Call an exterminator for a quote. If it were just one nest, you could wait until dusk, then try smoking them, then digging out the nest and either disposing of it or moving it to a conservation area.
Sprinkle strong insecticides on and around the mounds in the evenings so that they go away during night. Durng the day put lot of smoke near and on the mounds using dried wet leaves and half-dried twigs. Complain to your local County Office for further help.
  • thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin infection