Friday, 11 December 2009

How old were you when you leaned about the birds and the bees?

At what age did your parents have the talk and do you feel like it was given to you at the appropriate age?How old were you when you leaned about the birds and the bees?
I had a friend tell me when I was around 8, I think I was a little young, but knowing everything a little early didn't matter.How old were you when you leaned about the birds and the bees?
to tell you the truth i really can't remember, i believe it was around 9 or 10. it was only me and my mom so we were close and she never felt embarrased to have to ';explain things to me';. i felt it was the perfect time since i would end up getting my period at age 11 and knew what to expect.
When my mom had my first talk with me, I was 6. It wasn't too detailed, but I learned the basics. I was getting ready to go to school and she didn't want me to hear anything there that might confuse me. Well, the first day I was sick so I missed school. We found out later that two kids had brought knives to school and tried to stab the teacher. I was home schooled from then on :)





After that, I just kind of learned odds and ends until I was 13 and ';the curse'; began. lol.
My parents never gave me the talk. My friend told me all about sex and how it's done when I was 9 years old. I could have waited.


I think a child should learn this around the age of 11 or 12 years old. In most classes they have sex ed. videos they let the kids watch in either the 6th or 7th grade. So the parents should have the talk before they have to learn it else where.
One of my friends told me in fourth grade because her parents had bought her a book. My parents never mentioned it and still haven't to this day (I'm now a junior in high school).
NO HELP IT WAS SELF DEVELOPMENT BY OWN.
6th grade sex ed class, with all of my classmates. My parents never once even approached the subject.
welll my mom and dad didnt really talk to me about sex i just kinda leared on my own :)
I was about eight years old. I did feel that it was an appropriate age for me but not all people are like me. I had been through so much in that area that she just talked to me about it and offered to buy the protection when I was going to start being active.
My parents never talked to me about it we learned it in school I think 6th grade..now there teaching it in 4th grade!!!
5th grade, age 13
At age eight. I came home early one day from school and was excited because my dad was off of work on vacation and we were planning to go to the beach. As I arrived at the door I decided to scare my mother by sneaking in the house and not ringing the door bell. Once I was in, my mother was not in sight. I kept sneaking around for I feared my father would see me before I could scare my mother. As I quietly approached my parents door though, I would hear abrupt and uncommon noises. Once at the door, I peered through the small crack the slightly opened door had created. I screamed hysterically and my father quickly wrapped himself and my mother with the bed sheet. I ran to my room and starred out of the window for a minute or two. Both of my parents came into the room and smiled calmly at me. I was young but I could still see the hint of embarrassment in my father's face. They explained to me what parents did when, ';they love each other very much.'; I stayed quiet the entire drive to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection