Friday, 11 December 2009

Where are the bees in my house coming from?

I keep finding bees in my apartment. When I moved in there were a whole bunch of dead ones in the window sill.





Every now and then I find some crawling on the ground. They don't seem to be able to fly.Where are the bees in my house coming from?
Honey bees tend to make their hives inside the walls and will find any way to get inside.





I had a similar problem at my house once. I would find bees on the window sills and on the ground. It turned out that they had a hive in the wall near the attic. Had to have an exterminator cut a whole in the wall and remove the hive. Simply ';bombing'; it with gas doesn't ensure that they won't come back.Where are the bees in my house coming from?
If they ain't bothering you just let them be.Honey bees,if this is what they are are vital to the ecology. They pollinate many, many varies of fruits and vegetables. There would be much less food grown if honey bees became extinct.
They could be diseased bees. It has been predicted that unless a cure comes up soon, all honey bees will be extinct by 2018. That's a much bigger immediate threat than global warming. No bees - no us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection