Wednesday, 02 December 2009

How do you tell the difference in honey bees and killer bees?

Spotted hundreds of bees going in hole in tree limb very high above my garage, Very busy hive behavior. They also drink out of my dogs water pale but do not offer to sting me or him. Can this rule out that they are killer bees or does behavior change later?How do you tell the difference in honey bees and killer bees?
it takes an expert to tell the difference. it will be a real problem, and costly, to remove the hive, unless you're willing to have them exterminated. How do you tell the difference in honey bees and killer bees?
I am not a bee expert, but..I would think they are just an ordinary bee. However, NO bee is to be messed with in my opinion tho'. Do NOT aggrevate them in any way tho'; If anyone is allergic - definately get a professional pest controller there. The ';killer'; bee, in my understanding, migrates up from South and Central America, so if you live in the southern US they have been spotted, according to what I have read, heard and watched on TV. My best suggestion is to call in a professional to determine what you have, and get rid of it, if that is what they recommend. Stay away from it, and move your dog's water pail, or your dog so it is safe. Not all bees are ';killer'; bees, but if a person sustains multiple stiings (like I did from stepping on a ground hive) can be in serious danger even if they are not allergic. Definately call in the Pros on this one!!!
From what I learned watching the Nature channel, you cannot tell the difference between the two until they act. The African killers are very sensitive to any disturbance near their hive. I also learned that there has been a dramatic decline in the bee population and no one has answered why. So if they are friendly at all, try to get a professional bee person to capture instead of killing to remove them if you can. Good luck.
honey bee: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im鈥?/a>





killer bee: http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/vi鈥?/a>





Killer bees are a little larger and not as ';fuzzy'; as honey bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection