Saturday, 05 December 2009

How do I tell my 10yr old daughter about the birds and the bees?

My daughter just entered puberty. We have a very close and comfortable relationship, but I feel so awkward even starting the conversation about sex. Last time I checked she was my baby girl.How do I tell my 10yr old daughter about the birds and the bees?
LOL...I AM IN THE SAME BOAT, I HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD SON AND A 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER...ALL YOU CAN DO IS BE HONEST WITH HER....TELL HER YA'LL NEED TO DISCUSS A FEW THINGS AND SIT DOWN WITH HER....ASK HER TO TELL YOU WHAT SHE KNOW'S ABOUT SEX? ASK HER WHAT HAS SHE HEARD AND WHAT DO HER FRIENDS SAY ABOUT IT. THEN YOU IN TURN CAN EITHER AGREE WITH IT OR CORRECT HER. IN MY HOUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T AGREE WITH ME FOR I AM TOO OPEN WITH MY CHILDREN. WE LIVE NEAR A CITY THAT SEEM'S TO HAVE A VERY HIGH RATE FOR STD'S AND HIV/AIDS, I WANT MY CHILDREN TO KNOW EVERYTHING THAT WILL KEEP THEM SAFE.OR PREVENT THEM FROM GETTING PREGNANT. JUST BE AS OPEN AND HONEST AS YOU CAN WITHOUT BEING TOO GRAPHIC....GOOD LUCK SWEETIEHow do I tell my 10yr old daughter about the birds and the bees?
My oldest child use to love the movie Look Who's Talking and of course as it comes on it has the sperm traveling to the egg well she asked me about what it was and what it was doing so I figured it was a good way to approach the subject of the birds and bees and it worked cause she tells me she has never forgot it to this day. To me it was just an easy approach of the subject especially since no one ever gave me the talk.
I know what you mean, my daughter is 9 and she asks questions sometimes. I have left it at that for now. I think you know your daughter and if you think she may be interested in boys, you really should sit her down and very honestly tell her everything. Don't sugar coat it, as a woman (girl) she has to know what the consequences could be if she would happen to make a decision that could have long lifetime lasting effects. In your heart, you will know when you have to have that kind of conversation.
What my grandmother did with me was get a book. A medical book one with a lot of pictures. She started out buy showing me the heart, lungs, and other basic of the human body. Like how it responds to certain diets and how exercise speed up your heart rate and get your blood flowing. Once I learned how the body works on a basic level, she started teaching me how boys and girls are different.
I wouldn't worry about explaining it to her. She is only 10. If she asks questions than explain perhaps without too many details. If you speak to her about the cycle she would want to know what it's for and she might start asking questions etc. Take it from there. Soon enough she will start to hear things at school and from friends and she might start to ask you a few things.
sooner or later u have to tell her so u can try to keep her a virgin as long as possible and talkin about it helps (i wish my mom woulda sat me down and had the convo. it probably woulda saved me alot of trouble) but yea i would wait till her is 11 or 12 and sit down and talk to her because then she would be closer to the age where she wants to experiment and try it
I waited until my children brought it up. As for her feminine diversty it may be better to have a woman explain the menstrual cycle.Personally I can explain the physical side of it, but I have only witnessed the emotional distress that accompanies it.
you shouldn't feel awkward.....what is there to feel awkward about?


its not hard to tell her and she should really know.


i understand that it may be a bit weird but you'll have to tell her sometime and if you don't well she'll eventually ask you about it to.








good luck


=)
at 10? take her to see real birds and bees man... let the kid have a childhood for her future sanity's sake.
Tell her. Do you want her learning from you or someone else?
don't tell her. it's embarrassing. trust me!
ur right...avoid it at all costs. she's still ur baby gurl. my suggestion? pay someone else to tell her. i only charged fifty bucks. let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection