Wednesday, 02 December 2009

How do I keep away the bees from my backyard just for one day?

We are having a party on the 15th and I don't want the bees all over the food that day. They've done a great job with our plants this year and I don't want any permanent remedy, just that day I want them to be away. Do you have any suggestions?How do I keep away the bees from my backyard just for one day?
Bees will go to what is most delectable to them. What I saw an outdoor restaurant do to solve the problem (it was AWFUL) is put plates with honey at a distance as far as possible from the tables, bees went there, left dinners alone. I would think jam or jelly would work well also.Made sense to me , is enviromentally friendly, and really solved the problem. I would put them out a few days before the party to train the beasties! Should keep the flies away too as a bonus!How do I keep away the bees from my backyard just for one day?
buy a bunch of those citranella candles and place all around the yard,
Try this....Take a gallon milk jug, cut some small squares in it, leaving one side of the square intact. Bend in, so the bee can enter, but not escape. Make a mixture of sugar water, about a half a cup, and put in the jug. Put cap on. Bees will flock to this, and stay in the bottle, if you make the flaps right. Make several of these.
I know this sounds odd but I used to work for a catering company that did it and it worked every time. Take the lid off of a can of tuna and place it as far away from the party as possible. Bees, wasps, and flies will all be drawn to it.
The flowers will draw the bees in. Also some sweet smelling items.





Check out these outdoor products:





http://www.bizrate.com/pestcontrol/pest-鈥?/a>





Or you could have your party at night. But there are night bugs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection