Saturday, 05 December 2009

How can I get rid of carpenter bees that are boring into the wood in my house in southeast Kentucky?

My house has lots of exterior wood of several different types - redwood and others. These bees look like bumblebees, but have yellow patches on their faces. They have done a lot of damage by burrowing into the wood in window frames and around soffits, and are most active in May. I live in Corbin, Kentucky.How can I get rid of carpenter bees that are boring into the wood in my house in southeast Kentucky?
We have carpenter bees, too. Our wood is painted and we have found keeping a fresh coat of paint on it keeps them away. Not sure what to do with natural wood. Maybe your extension office can enlighten you.How can I get rid of carpenter bees that are boring into the wood in my house in southeast Kentucky?
My neighbor had the same problem with her log cabin home in Ohio. She stuck fabric softner sheets in the holes. It worked! The bees have been trying to visit me. Also... Postal workers are told to use fabric softner sheets to keep the bees away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin infection